Our Pay Rate Range reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The pay rate for this position ranges from $36.83/hr in our lowest geographic market up to $70.87/hr in our highest geographic market. Pay Rate is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
To amplify and support our global internal communications strategy and priorities and meet the needs of our evolving organization, we are seeking a motivated, energetic, and proactive individual for the role of Internal Communications Specialist.
This role will be part of the Internal Communications team within our Client's Global Corporate Affairs function and will help connect and engage employees across the business.
You are an enthusiastic self-starter with a strong background in internal communications and storytelling, who quickly builds effective working relationships and thrives in ambiguity with a solutions-oriented mindset. You have excellent business judgement and operate with a strong sense of urgency and commitment. You have a strong track record of developing effective internal communications and a demonstrated ability to work with confidential information, and an uncompromising eye for quality and detail while managing multiple projects simultaneously.
This role requires superior communication and presentation skills (both written and oral), experience with event and project management, and experience and understanding of the evolving communications channels landscape. The successful candidate will be able to work successfully in a team environment and build effective working relationships, and can react with appropriate urgency to situations that require a quick turnaround.
Major Job Responsibilities:
- Work with Internal Communications team to amplify global internal communications efforts across an array of channels with an effective cadence that inspires internal enthusiasm and employee engagement and pride.
- Help manage internal communications editorial calendar for internal stories and news, research and write stories, and align with external communications efforts when necessary
- Support our client's internal communications channel strategy as well as day-to-day implementation, including digital signage, newsletter and intranet communications
- Provide ongoing content management (posting, updating, quality assurance and brand compliance) and work in a variety of communications platforms: emails, audio, video, intranet, digital signage, etc.
- Develop a wide range of creative internal communication deliverables —including newsletter articles, emails, editorial content, presentations, Q&A — to engage and inform employees through a mix of channels
- Conceptualize and research creative internal communication strategies and campaigns and keep apprised of internal communications best practices
- Develop and maintain relationships with key internal stakeholders including those within GCA and across the business to ensure every internal communications opportunity is maximized and successes are amplified
- Use metrics, data and related insights to help drive internal programs and activities and gain insight on how our client's internal communication channels are working and where improvements are needed for a more seamless user experience.
Key Skills and Abilities:
- Written communication—exceptional writing skills, strong line-editing, copyediting and proofreading skills, varies writing style to meet needs, presents data effectively.
- Oral communication—speaks clearly and persuasively; possesses ability to engage others; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; actively participates in meetings
- Technical skills—strong Word, Excel and PowerPoint ability as well as experience with intranet platforms (such as Simpplr and SharePoint) and digital sign management systems. Ability to use visual concepts, graphic design or HTML a plus.
- Analytics – ability to use channel metrics to influence communications strategies and advise cross-functional stakeholders effectively
- Digital fluency – foundational understanding of behaviors in the digital space and digital platforms. Keeps abreast of new digital and social trends, tools and platforms.
- Proven ability to use multiple communications channels and technologies to create impactful communications that are aligned with strategy and ensure we are reaching employees when and where they are available
- Capacity to work across teams at the highest levels of the organization, enjoys working with people and understands discretion and diplomacy
- Ability to plan and coordinate internal campaigns and events —should have superior organizational and project management skills and attention to detail
- Ability to think innovatively and creatively, and change course if necessary, to achieve desired results
- Passion for storytelling and the company’s commitment to urban revitalization and its disruptive, technology-driven culture
- Excellent organization and problem-solving skills; flexible, process-oriented and able to manage constant flow of information from multiple sources
- Positive and can-do attitude and willingness to work hard and roll up sleeves to get work done
Knowledge and Skills/Education and Experience:
- College degree in social sciences or humanities
- At least 4-6 years of work experience in a communications capacity
- Experience working in a multi-cultural, cross-functional environment that appreciates different perspectives and collaboration
- Adept at using and experimenting with communication technologies and has experience maximizing digital content in various forms across the company’s channels.